Thursday, February 3, 2011

ELATED!!!

ELATED! I can’t even tell you how relieved I am to have a venue!! As those closest to me know, I am the absolute worst at pulling the trigger on anything. Making decisions is not my specialty. J It feels so good to know (as of 1/31/11) that I actually have a ceremony and reception location!
I always wanted a ceremony/reception at ONE location, and I was determined to have just that…the convenience and ease of having everything in one place is so appealing. Funny how things never go as planned.
I agreed to look at one chapel (thinking that I would still want an “all in one” venue) because Andy suggested it, and his opinion matters. Then I fell in love with Marty Leonard Chapel. The lighting, the straight lines, so intricately designed, beautiful. The tricky part was, there was zero availability! No evenings were available! Devastation came after the excitement…we continued our search of venues and found some that would be very cool and awesome places to celebrate!
Then came the email from Marty Leonard Chapel…a date opened up! By this time, I had kind of moved on and found other places I was happy with. I had the lady hold the date for one week while we searched for reception venues in Fort Worth. No luck. No luck. Nope, not that one either.
We were so stressed out during this time and felt so rushed to figure things out in seven days...breakdown after breakdown, yes, I was unstable...haha.
It was then narrowed down to Hickory Street Annex (very cool/trendy place), Arlington Hall at Lee Park (elegant, beautiful), and Marty Leonard Chapel with either Stonegate Mansion or Fort Worth Club.
After much deliberation, still no decision was made. Yet, another breakdown.
Andy, my mom, and I went to Fort Worth to see yet another possible reception venue we had not checked out yet. We decided to swing by Fort Worth Club one more time since Andy had not seen it yet. He really liked it, and I realized that it was the perfect place for us! It is elegant and beautiful! The decision making process for venue was over. Thank goodness! I am so excited about where we are having our ceremony and reception! No, it is not the all-in-one location, and I am totally okay with that!
What I learned through this process...I am ecstatic to be marrying Andy Harcar, regardless of location! But I have to admit it is nice to be stoked about the location of our union! :)



photo by Brandon Burns

Photo by Greg Hursley




No comments:

Post a Comment