Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wow...and giggles

On January 28, Andy and I went to this sales pitch thing that I was suckered into. Apparently, you win these prizes and to claim them have to go to a demonstration of a companies’ cooking products. Well, I am a sucker. Andy, not so much.
I talked him into going since we were going to claim a 3 day 2 night stay at a resort (flights not included) as well as some other gifts like free wedding bands, his and her aprons, and an entry into a drawing for a Harley motorcycle.
Never again.  First, I had not slept in 36 hours (worked the night before in the ICU), and then the presenter could not make it for personal reasons (which were given to us in too much detail by the telemarketer who greeted us at the door). The telemarketer, who apparently just rejoined this company, gave this presentation/demo using these cooking products. Stumbling through the presentation (I think we all felt terrible for him) he was not quite the salesman. Then came the part where we claimed our prize….
The salesman arrived at the end of the presentation and had Andy and me sitting there for 30minutes. These people don’t let up. They try to bargain and will do anything to sell you something. Somehow these cooking pots/pans went from $2400 to $1899 to $1499 each time we declined the offer. When we finally gave him our final “no,” this crazy man tries to talk us into a different and less expensive trip. He tried to tell us flights would cost $1200! And he expected us to choose one of the hotel options that we could drive to. Ha! I checked. He was trying to trick us J We received our travel voucher after half an hour of bargaining, and I will never agree to attend anything like that again. Here is my happy little man at the end of a long night...haha.
Very chipper :) but handsome even when he's mad

No comments:

Post a Comment